Free response questions are available in eClicker Presenter 2 version 2.1.
1. When editing a question toggle between 'Multiple Choice' and 'Free Response'. Free Response questions still have answer choices so a bar graph of results can be generated for the poll. Answer choices can be literal strings (case-incensitive) or a regular expression*. Prefix the answer choice with 'regex:' to have it interpreted as a regular expression when matching responses from the Audience.
* regular expressions are an advanced topic. For more information see the Wiki.
2. With Free Response questions the Audience sees a blank text box instead of multiple choices.
3. The bar graph for a Free Response poll includes percentages for the answer choices provided, and then an 'Other' row for any responses that do not have a match.
4. The Presenter can see the actual text response from each Audience member.